In our Pre-K Program, your child will embark on a journey of learning and exploration. The curriculum is purposefully constructed to provide your child with a variety of academic experiences promoting problem-solving abilities, persistence and a passion for lifelong learning.
Five Star Learning Center recognizes parents are a child’s most important teachers. Parental involvement is a crucial component to the success of a child’s educational achievement. Research has proven that children are more successful learners when their parents are actively involved in their learning, both at home and at school.
Our teachers modify educational experiences based on children’s interests and strengths while recognizing each child as an individual. Our comfy atmosphere provides “your child’s home away from home” by Fostering Friendships, supporting Emerging Emotions, building Healthy Beginnings, Sparking Curiosity and promoting Language Development.
- Motivation — Build a cooperative classroom environment to fuel motivation, with child-directed instruction, hands-on experiences, ownership of materials, and interactive online activities, and by supporting and exploring imagination.
- Phonological Awareness — Ensure readiness for phonics instruction with short, daily exercises.
- Phonics — Introduce letter-sound relationships systematically, sequentially, and explicitly.
- Vocabulary — Explore vocabulary in quality literature, during instruction, and in everyday communication.
- Social & Emotional Development — Prepare children for new social environments presented at school by example, through direct communication, and with cooperative learning activities.
- Science — Explore the magic of the natural world with simple scientific experiments involving plants, temperatures, textures, and more!
- Math — Build a foundation for mathematical thinking through center exploration, activities, and games, using math children encounter every day.